30mL adult or 20mL kid Sprays For the treatment of Throat Infections
(Official Indication) Preventive &/or Curative
Throat infections begin as a viral infection, followed by secondary bacterial invasion. Initially, a few virus particles enter the cells, multiply, & then large amounts of virions are liberated on the throat surface. They attack new healthy cells, cause cell estruction, inflammation, and disease symptom progress. The environment becomes favorable to bacterial growth, which leads to throat irritation and pain.
Topical anti-virals: None. Only symptomatic drugs available.
The Ideal Treatment should :
- Be topical
- Clean the throat surface of all contaminants
- Neutralize free virus particles to stop further cellular destruction
- Stop inflammation to reduce pain & irritation
- Be instant & minimize the need for antibiotics.
VITROBIO R&D: TOPICAL, CLEANING, ANTIBACTERIAL, ANTIVIRAL, ANTI-INFLAMMATORY APPROACH
- VB-Gy- A highly osmotic film to clean the throat surface instantly: We conceived & patented (PCT/FR99/01340) a liquid spray capable to form a highly osmotic yet non-irritant & long-lasting film over the throat surface. Being 10 times more osmotic compared to sea water, the film creates an instant & strong exudation of hypotonic liquid from the inner parts of the throat surface, thereby detaching and draining away all the contaminants nearly instantly.
- Anti-cytokine polymers to suppress inflammation: Infected & damaged throat surface presents very high concentration of many inflammatory cytokines on the surface (TNF-α, IL-1β, IL-6 and IL-4). A completely novel approach of blocking selectively these cytokines with polymers was . This discovery represents a totally new generation of protease inhibitor treatments which may replace classical natural, chemical, & biological drugs in the future.
- Antiviral polymeric association to neutralize free virus particles: Virus envelops contain, on their surface, specific proteins which help virus attachment to host cells, leading to virus entry, growth & multiplication inside the host cells. Examples of virus surface proteins are H1N1 (hemagglutinin & neuraminidase) on influenza and parainfluenza viruses, HHV capsid portal protein on Herpes virus, VP-1, 2, 3, 4 on rhinovirus, & HIV-1 proteases on HIV virus. Intensive research on antiviral therapy is currently underway but, still, there is no topical antiviral drug available. Cyclovirs (Zovirax) & neuraminidase inhibitors (Tamiflu) are intracellular virus growth inhibitors, whereas in all topical virus infections (influenza, rhinovirus, herpes), millions of free virus particles are present on the infected surface, where a systemic drug cannot reach. We discovered the 1st topical virus entry inhibitors using specific polymers capable to bind with selected viral glycoproteins.
As shown in the fig. we conceived different polymeric molecules. Polymers are very big & inert molecules, they can’t enter the cells, but some polymers have a strong affinity for specific proteins. Protein binding polymers were associated to optimize virus & inflammatory cytokine neutralization. Bounded virus can’t enter the cells & blocked cytokines can’t produce inflammation.
As many diseases involving multiple proteins (ex. histamine, IgE, growth factors) have no treatment, selective protein antagonist drugs should represent the drugs of the future.
Product Presentation: 30 mL Spray
Clinical Efficacy: Full trial published in J. Clinical Trials, 2011, 1:1; DOI: 10.4172/jctr.1000102 (see list of publications on throat spray)
Conclusion: 1st Topical Instant Preventive or Curative Spray to treat Sore Throat and Throat Infections
VITROBIO‘s Completely NEW therapeutic Approach: Protein Hypothesis as Topical Anti-Virals.
As virus GPs & proteases are proteins in nature and as certain plant tannin fractions (PCDs) have a strong affinity for proteins, Vitrobio conducted 15 years of research to identify specific PCDs capable of binding with these protein structures. Blocking virus attachment & virus entry-enhancing mechanisms should stop virus infection (Ref: Vitrobio new anti-viral hypothesis – Shrivastava et al: Int. J. Virology, ISSN 1816-4900 / DOI: 10.3923/ijv.2011).
These PCDs were incorporated into a glycerol-based viscous liquid, 18 times more osmotically active than sea water yet NONIRRITANT (International patent 1997: PCT/FR99/01340). A new patent on the film retention properties of this solution was recently filed (N° PCT/EP2013/061835). PHARYSOL instantly forms a film on the throat surface, creates a strong outward flow of
hypotonic liquid detaching instantly all the microbial & other contaminants from the surface. Simultaneously, specific PCDs conjugate with viral GPs & proteases to stop further infection, reducing the need for antibiotherapy.
PHARYSOL acts as an instant topical anti-viral, antiseptic, preventive or curative, throat-cleaning film.
Mode of action: Exlusively topical , on the throat surface
Product Presentation: 30 or 20mL Sprays
Posology: 4-5 sprays per application, 3-4 times a day or more if necessary, until complete recovery.
Regulatory Status: Due to the mechanical topical filmogen activity without any pharmacological, biological, metabolic or immunological interaction with the cellular structure: Class I Medical Device in Europe.
Contraindications: Not to be used in pediatric population under 3 years of age.
Side Effects: Slight tingling sensation during the first 20-30 seconds following application.
Clinical Efficacy: Full trial published in J. Clinical Trials, 2011, 1:1; DOI: 10.4172/jctr.1000102.